Over the past four years together, we’ve built a thriving community of educators who are committed to supporting each other. As Dr. Jill Biden said in her powerful keynote address, “We don’t do this because it is easy. We do it because we love it.” We do it to support the success of every student in California.
Unfortunately, we were unable to secure funding for the Better Together: California Teachers Summit this year. We are deeply grateful to all of you who contacted your legislators on behalf of our Network.
In the spirit of everything we do together, we encourage you to refuel this summer by taking advantage of your professional learning network. These opportunities come in many forms and are vital for educators to learn and grow professionally.
- Join our #BetterTogetherCA Book Club on Goodreads or via Twitter as we continue to read and share our reflections on Michael Cohen’s “Educated by Design.” Keep an eye out for more details about a book selection for our August Book Club.
- Register to join our Better Together partners at Brandman University for one of their upcoming monthly webinars, which provide practical learning strategies and solutions to help you improve your skills:
- July 16 at 4:00 PM – How to Save Time, Be Bold & Inspire as a School Leader
- August 7 at 4:00 PM – A Teacher’s Guide to Preventing Bullying in the Classroom
- Save the date for Better Together partner CSU Northridge’s upcoming event on October 1 at 7:00 PM. Details will be posted here when available.
- Register for a professional learning opportunity from Better Together Network partner the CUE Teacher Wellness #DitchSummit. Prepare to head back to school by connecting with teachers across the state through this free online educational conference, July 29 – August 4.
- Know any outstanding teachers looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect students and the teaching profession? Nominate yourself or a colleague for Better Together Network partner TeachPlus’ California Teaching Policy Fellowship. Written applications are due July 29!
- Share free resources, tools or ideas with the Network by emailing Emily Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or join in the conversation online using the hashtag #BetterTogetherCA.
Better Together has always been for teachers and by teachers. Let’s continue working together to ensure all teachers have the resources and support they need to succeed.